Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Project - Eric Slaugh - Album Cover


This is an album cover I made for one of my bands.  I used an analogous color scheme, and used the rule of thirds to put the album title in the bottom third of the cover, with the top of the band logo in the top third.  I made the logo translucent to be able to see the city in the background, and kerned the letters in the logo close together to give more of an impactful appearance.  To give the picture a little more texture, I put larger and smaller faded texts of the album title in the background.  I wanted the focus to be the middle of the picture, so I put a contrast from the dark bottom to the lighter top, putting our logo in the middle to make it more attention-grabbing.

I posted on: Aaron Hastings, Morgan Linford, James Birdsall, Heidi Ertel, and Stefan van de Graaff

2 comments:

  1. Awesome faded text in the background. I think the colors blend quite well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast, black to fiery, very epic.

    ReplyDelete