Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment #4 - Baby Magazine


This is my daughter Brooklyn.  My wife gets a bunch of baby magazines, so I thought I'd try creating one of my own.  I used a compound color scheme to match her salmon colored jacket.  The brown, green, and pink make up the scheme.  I named the fictional magazine "Simply Baby" and used a cropped picture of my daughter without any other images distracting the viewer, thus going with the theme of "simple."  I tried to balance the composition, with the top right and bottom left mirroring each other, and also utilized the rule of thirds with the placement of Brooklyn on the cover.  When I converted this from an "ai" file to jpg, it changed my fonts, so they aren't what I originally chose.

I commented on Skyler Street, Carrie Duford, Alex Skinner, Madison Houghton, and Taylor Ricks.

1 comment:

  1. I like the fonts you used here and that it draws the eye to the baby

    ReplyDelete