Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment #4 - Hannah Childs - Zion


For this assignment I wanted to create an advertisement for Zion National Park. I took this picture a couple weeks ago when I was at Zion, hoping I could use it for this class. I wanted to use a minimalist layout for the image. The emotion I want to have is adventurous. The main title for the image is experience, and everything in the image is centered on the title. It has asymmetrical balance, with the mountains on each side of the image. Also the word “experience” in the top and the “Zion National Park” in the bottom right corner are asymmetrical to each other. The picture has a “S” composition to it. When I first took this picture it was kind of cloudy and fuzzy. I brightened and increased the contrast in the image to help give the picture the crisp look. Then I used color to help create movement. The word “experience” is the color of the trees, to help the person move from the trees to the word. Also, the “Zion National Park” is the same color of the clouds to help the person move from the sky to the words.

Commented on:
Brett Bertola
Carrie Duford
Hayley Herrera
Sam Thorup
Taylor Ricks

5 comments:

  1. I like that "Experience" is placed behind the mountains and want to know your reasoning for doing so. I also like your font choice of the "Zion National Park". Very official. A suggestion would be to maybe bring out the color of the mountains just a little bit more. Other than that it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a postcard! :) Good work. I also like how the text goes behind the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, you're too cool. I like this because it's a little different, and aesthetically pleasing. I really like that you had "Experience" hide behind the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomely simple. Makes me want to go to Zion's right now, which is what an ad is supposed to right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful picture. I like how you have the font colors matching other parts of your picture. As well as experience isn't just slapped on there you actually made it tucked be hind the rock which i thought was a pretty good idea.

    ReplyDelete