Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Doug Heath - Assignment 4 - Christmas Card


Christmas is coming and I'm really excited about it. I hoped that it would snow so that I could get some good pictures and last Thursday it snowed. I took several pictures and this one was among my favorites. I felt that it would look really nice on a Christmas card. So I went into Photoshop and cropped it to look like it would fit in an envelope, then put red, somewhat transparent boxes over it. Red and green are a very popular Christmas color scheme. I chose the font Snell Roundhand Regular because it fits the Christmas look. 
I like this design enough that I might actually use it in the future.

I commented on Reina Trejo, James Birdsall, Mandy Facer, Hailey Stevens, and Stefan Van de Graaf

5 comments:

  1. When I saw the colors of the leaves and the red, I immediately thought of Christmas. I think it could look nice as a background for a Christmas Card. You could add pictures of yourself to make it more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Get homework done and your seasons greeting card made. Bam. Good choice of colors. The red isn't too loud and complements the image nicely. Well done, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice beginning of a Christmas card. I like how it isn't tacky with Santa or jingle bells or anything like that, but a nice clean, refreshing Christmas image. The red isn't too overbearing and I like how the font lines up. My only suggestions would be to add more of a border around the font, because right now it's slightly cut off on the "Merry Christmas" portion. I would also recommend adding a picture on the right side as a nice finishing touch, otherwise it has a slightly lopsided feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty picture!!! Great use of complimentary colors. Clean and simple. The fonts are every Christmas appropriate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the complimentary colors in this as well! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete