Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment #4- Maren Owen- ProvoYachtClub


For this assignment I created a poster for a local group about to host an event. For the actual photo that I took of the face of their group, I used the rule of thirds. I also tried to play with the color of the sky a little bit to make it lighter around him and darker where I put the information. Since the event is being hosted by someone else, I used her logo (not created by me). I couldn't decide on what font to use for the typography, so I stuck to the basic helvetica. The club logo I created in photoshop.

I commented on: Taylor Ricks, Blakely Gull, Samantha Williams, Eric Slaugh, and the Zion "Experience" one.

9 comments:

  1. I really like this color scheme and layout. It's nice and clean and promotes class and relaxation which I feel like the idea of a "YACHT" exactly is. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the branches surrounding the title. It adds emphasis and looks great. Nice colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's simple, to the point and the purpose is clear. Like Spencer, I also like the branches around the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The theme is well represented with the color and the captain's attire. I really like how this looks and feels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is the layout well-planned, the editing is done well as the filter/fade over the whole image blends the man's face with the sky and makes them fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is ace. When was Hugh Hefner in Provo? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sky background really matches the smile of the captain to imply happiness and fun. The layout is spot on too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of the man is perfect. It is the best part, and I love the colors of he sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This ones funny because the old man is awesome and the colors are good too

    ReplyDelete