Wednesday, November 19, 2014

McCall Mishler- Assignment #4


     For this project I took a picture of me from the BYU Jerusalem Center and used it as an advertisement for the center. I used the picture because it showcases the beautiful grounds at the Jerusalem Center, as well as the beautiful view of the Old City from the center.
     There are a couple elements to the picture that make it visually appealing. One, is that the rule of thirds, because I am in the bottom third of the picture with the view in the top 2 thirds. There is also perspective because this photo was taken from behind so you see the city sprawl out in front of me, where I am also facing.
     The colors in this picture are complementary with me pink shirt and the green of the grass and trees in the background. The only thing I did to this picture was enhance it.
     For typography I used a font that looked similar to a font that the LDS church uses sometimes. It is pretty basic and legible. I made the main statement at the top and center and made the phrase connect to the photo because I was walking where Jesus had walked and looking out at the city seeing what Jesus saw when he looked out from that spot. Get it? Cool. And then at the bottom I put the purpose of the ad which is to get people to apply for the Jerusalem Center study abroad. And I made the fonts colors work so they stood out of the background.

Commented on: Heidi Ertel, Samantha Williams, Carrie Duford, Mallory Jesperson, Madison Houghton

5 comments:

  1. I love this photo and ad. The colors and the view (along with the frame of the arch) are stunning! My only suggestion would be to shift your text at the bottom to the lower right side instead (as my eyes are leaving the page they are drawn there, rather than to the left side). We use this concept in journalism and refer to it as right-hand read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love this. Such an interesting image you chose. I like how you used powerful but very few words. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites!! I love the font and the picture is perfect. I love the quote you chose as well! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love that the text is not overpowering but still gets the message across.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great photo and I love the distance away from you and the camera!

    ReplyDelete