Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4 -- Bronwyn Burkhardt -- 'Tis Not the Season


'Tis not the season for getting married, but this is not as it appears. It may look like a happy couple's scrapbook for their special day when--in reality--it's the opener of a Studio C sketch. I have been employed for them for a while, and it was a funny day that they came to me and said they needed a scrapbook. They didn't give me a lot of instruction or any materials. They did supply the pictures. I wanted to keep the book simple and elegant, nothing too much for the eyes, or it would lost in the filming. 

I feel like it was a little bit of a harder task because it had to serve a different purpose than most would assume a scrapbook would. It had to be plain enough, yet nice enough that my boss did not have to take all of my work and redo it. I actually did 5 pages worth, all with the gold, pearl, and pink theme. I felt that gold and pearl were classy and timeless with pink adding a nice pop here and there. The words on the front page say: "On this day, to thee I wed." I chose the script-y font to open the book because it felt real and almost a secret. It isn't the most typical of things to put in a scrapbook, so I also liked that aspect. There are many details that one might not notice because of the filming, but they are subtle and more pleasing to the eye, helping it flow over and down the page. Not to much, but enough to keep one entertained. Apparently it had enough value, for it made quite the appearance in the sketch.

For a better view of my work, the whole sketch's link is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWNcItFaLrw&index=45&list=PLGVpxD1HlmJ-iZwkn-6rc0TBrJqfMnJfv

I commented on: Ciera Keller, Dania Rice, Brandon Henson, Heidi Ertel, Dave Rowe 


1 comment:

  1. I thought the design and ideas were very unique. I liked the moving element of it. I really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete