Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Layout project #4: The life ironic with Tanner Wadsworth


I work as an RA at Helaman Halls, so I decided to create a poster advertising the floor meetings I put together every week. The version I'll post in my Hall has meeting times and dates, but I left this version as more of a self-promotional poster. I've been on a Wes Anderson kick recently, so I implemented a lot of his visual trademarks. The Futura Bold, color scheme and symmetry are all things that show up a lot in his work. If nothing else, this was a lot of fun for me to make. Next time though, I'll find a better model;)

COMMENTS: MAREN OWEN, TODD BEAN, STEFAN VAN DE GRAAF, ASHLYN ALLRED, HEIDI ERTEL

5 comments:

  1. Funny and awesome color scheme! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color scheme. It has a new age feel while throwing it back to the past with the photos in the picture. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and fonts used immediately made me think of Wes Anderson and it wasn't until I read the description that I realized that it was what you were going for. Very Moonrise Kingdom-esque and I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style of this poster. I think you did Wes Anderson proud. I'm a huge fan of this composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. And I definitely thought of Wes Anderson as soon as I saw it. I just wish I knew what it was for without having to read your explanation (like having your meeting times or your title as RA.

    ReplyDelete