Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment #4 - Todd Bean: Swan Lake



I was in the mountains this past weekend and I just happened upon this cool location at Spring Haven Lodge. In this picture I tried to implement the rule of thirds as much as I could with the swan intersection at a point and the text being on another point. I really like the barren trees in the background and the snow on the ground and how it contrasts with the solid white figure on the lake, a swan, and its reflection in the solid, black glass paned lake that it swims in. The filter I applied makes it look cooler in my opinion with its jew tone color pallet and the lens flare feel. The contrast of color in the filter applied to the black and white (the swan and lake) picture make for a interesting layout. I tried to put the text in the most visible location, in a color and text that makes it easiest to read. I tried to time the picture taking so the lighting wouldn't blind or distract from the picture.

oh. and swans are cool but super freaky.

I commented on: Samantha Williams, Bryan Pearson, Blake Dorton, Collin Gingrich, Steven Dawson

3 comments:

  1. I think this is cool. I like it how the text balances the offset swan. The filters on the swan picture are well chosen too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of the filters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait this is hilarious! And so cool. Love the rule of thirds usage. Also love the coloring--eerie and interesting.

    ReplyDelete