Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment 4: Austin Page- Web Page Layout




I've been working on mockups for our website user interface. The site is a textbook review website which allows students to tell students whether or not they need their textbooks. It has multiple display panels, and as the user clicks the page is changing displays. I've shown a simple version of what a user could be seeing at a given moment. 

The layout was the hardest part, and to be honest I'm not completely sold on it. I'm not sure if I need more or less frames/borders to separate fields or not. Is it appealing to the eye? Please tell me what is missing! 

I wanted softer colors, but these colors looks a little different now that it is on the web. Is the text legible against the blue/purple? What other colors would you suggest? Also, is the order in which the info is displayed understandable? Please, critique all you want. :)

Commented on:

Maren Owen, Skyler Street, Haley Herrera, Eric Slaugh, Bryan Pearson 


3 comments:

  1. I've heard y'all talking about this website in Doyle's class - but it's cooler to see the design and layout in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, its clean and simple! Can't wait to see the finished product, this looks like an awesome website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd use some white. for the background in the boxes. I think your layout make sense, but the color scheme reminds me of the early 2000s

    ReplyDelete