Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4 - Nicole Hale


For my project I decided to create a magazine cover. I chose one of my favorite magazines, Glamour, and gave it my own twist. My twin was kind enough to pose as my cover girl, which made the creative process even more fun. I got to create my vision starting from the clothes and all the way down to which specific red lip color I wanted her to wear. 

When it came to placing her picture on the cover I wanted to make sure she could stand out among the swarm of text. I decided to place her picture in front of the text "GLAMOUR" so that she could still be the star of the piece and to create more balance. It was tricky figuring out different font styles that complimented each other. Every font had to stay in balance with the others, but also had to hold its own. I also played around with the lighting which helped my cover stand out more. 

I chose a monochromatic color scheme with the reds. When I tried combining different colors it became too busy. I created a silver glittery background because I wanted to make it more fun. 


3 comments:

  1. The color scheme on this is great, as is the framing of the photo used. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it could be a real magazine cover. Love that you used Christmas colors and were able to get me to read the left side first ,then the right

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very good. I would try maybe different colors for the fonts so there is a little less red. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete