Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4-Blake Dorton

 This is a picture my mom took while we were in St. Martin over Christmas in 2009. It would be used as a Christmas card we could send to friends and family. I wanted to choose a photo that would catch the viewer's attention. I think this photo does a good job at doing that. Obviously, spending Christmas on the beach is not typical for most people, so I wanted to make it a little humorous. So, I decided to quote the first line from "Let it Snow" and then allow the viewer to fill in the blank.

I wanted to create a composition that was pleasing to the eye and simple. The photo itself does a good job at helping to direct the viewer's eye. The two people on the beach are looking up at the plane, and then the plane points toward the text. By composing this card in this way, the viewer will be easily be able to take in every aspect of the photo in one quick glance. I also decided to use a classic Christmas font called Saint Nicolas. I decided to use a traditional color scheme for the text as well. I thought these two elements would help reinforce the Christmas theme. 

I commented on the posts of: Mandy Facer, Brandon Henson, Tyler Evenson, Morgan Linford, Nate Austin.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! This is by far one of my favorite places to visit because of the airport. It is so cool! Its a great picture and I like where you placed the font!

    ReplyDelete