Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment 4 Mandy Facer


I created an advertisement for a (fictional) orientation meeting for the Journalism Department's Semester in Salt Lake program.

The ad uses emphasis (I pulled the color for the type emphasis from the windows), triangulation and perspective to create impact. The photo used as the base of the ad is (hopefully) compelling and will help students visualize themselves covering the important happenings at Salt Lake's Capitol Hill.

I took this photo in early morning to capture the softer light surrounding the dome of the Capitol Building and enhanced it slightly in Photoshop to give it more glow. My goal is for students to feel the Building is beckoning to them; a guiding light on the path to their journalistic career.

I commented on Brandon Henson, Morgan Linford, Nate Austin, McCall Mishler and Jenna Randle.


6 comments:

  1. I like how the top of the building points to the text in the advertisement. It helps guide the eye to the information. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I'm a little biased because I participated in the Salt Lake program last winter, but I love the sun peaking behind the Capitol. I love everything about this photo. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very balanced. I like the angle and lighting in the photo. The words are easy to see. It's simple and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the different colors in the text and that they matched the building. Also, great angle of the photo and positioning of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the triangulation in this picture is awesome because it creates an easy line of sight to the text at the top of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. The only change I would make is put the point of the triangle from the building off to the side a little more to fit into the rule of thirds, but this is well designed and well executed.

    ReplyDelete