Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4: Brandon Henson - BYU Hip-Hop Club

I created a poster to advertise a club I'm passionate about, the BYU Hip-Hop Club. I wanted to keep the layout as minimal and simple as possible. I strictly relied on rule of thirds to place the picture, the text, and the logo so that all three are equally in focus and maintain balance between each other. Because the picture is pre-dominant black and white, I decided to keep that color scheme to match the rest of the poster. I chose to have a bolder font for the words movement and culture because I feel those two words are what define the purpose of the club, to dance and learn about the hip-hop dance culture. I think the simplicity of the poster leaves viewers intrigued to find out more about the club.

I commented on projects from the following:
Tyler Evenson, Nate Austin, Brooke Adams, Maren Owen, Erin O'Sullivan

16 comments:

  1. I like your decision to emphasize the strong words with bold fonts, and your image is very strong; the movement draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how everything follows a similar color scheme. It creates a good unity throughout. The font choices also make it easy to read. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is really well done. I really like the color scheme, the lighting, the photo. All of it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice rule of thirds, it looks legit! Good color scheme as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how simple, but effective this was. It looks like the natural place where the eye is supposed to go is the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple, but so impactful. The black and white used throughout really ties it all together and isn't overbearing. I also love the movement of the dancer, it is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is awesome! Good font choices, the only difference I would suggest is maybe making it a bit wider and pushing the font a little more to the right

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layout and use of "white" space. In this case I guess it is black

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the black layout and how it makes everything else just stand out. Good balance and spacing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! So sick. I love the emphasis on the movement and culture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the contrast of the white and black. The two colors and the font work so well together in creating an urban vibe, and the tone is well conveyed. It makes me want to join hip hop club.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This poster makes me want to attend hip-hop club

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sweet! It looks like a professional poster!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked how the body of the guy complements the rest of the poster.. great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really great. The image really helps your eyes go over the entire poster to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one was super clean are really effective at getting the message across in a clean and professional manner. Nice job yo!

    ReplyDelete