Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4: Morgan Linford- Sprechen Sie Deutsch?



The composition of this is very simple, but since it is designed for a foreigner in Germany who doesn't speak the language, simplicity probably feels like a bit of a break to them. I used the principles of consistency (font choice), alignment, and contrast to help create this advertisement for a German class for non-natives. I thought the complementary blue and orange tones gave the ad a pleasant color scheme, and I found the font I chose to be bold without overbearing. I kind of enjoy the asymmetry of the bottom three text lines, and how they do not go from largest to smallest, and I think the limitation of color also helps get the most important parts of the ad across. The logo for the school is minimalist and helps the ad avoid clutter.

I commented on:

Colton Fullmer
Samantha Williams
Taylor Ricks
Carrie Duford
Hayley Herrera

3 comments:

  1. I like the font you used and your decision to use the (potentially, depending on the viewer) foreign text in the background. It highlighted my need for your services!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is really creative. I like how the font you used for the text is very similar to the font in the background in the scriptures. It creates really good unity throughout. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Morgan! The background on the text makes it very readable, it looks legit!

    ReplyDelete