Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment #4 CC Keller

I made a swimming promo poster. Swimming is the most watched sport in the Olympics every 4 years but doesn't get any attention the other 3 years. This is a swimmer for the USA Olympic team so I chose to change the colors to reflect red,white and blue to give it a patriotic feel as well as contrast between the red and the blue. We use underwater pictures for BYU Swimming promo posters to try to get people to come to our swim meets and I think they look really cool and hopefully they spark some interest. I got this picture from The Dark Room "Exploring Visual Journalism" which I loved because I am a journalism major. This picture really could be used for other publications like a magazine cover. I wanted to create an intense feeling and chose a bold font with big lettering to make a statement. I realize team sports are more fun to watch but with this poster I am just trying to create interest in the sport of swimming.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the red that was added to the photo because it makes the image pop. I also like that it makes the colors of the photo red, white, and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Dakota Williams, M’leah Ricker, Reina Trejo, James Birdsall, and Sydney Walton

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is So cool. I love that colors because you can really see the patriotism coming out. I love the simplicity of it, but I think it is missing some small element to really tie it all together make it a promo poster as opposed to just a normal poster. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete