Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Assignment 4: An Unhinged Sky


This is a book cover I did for a friend of mine who is a writer. He hasn't published anything yet but he wants to become an author and so I created this cover for one of his books. The picture is of a mountain top with a cloudy sky repeated in different colorations. I felt I used a grid for the entire cover. The pictures form a ladder up and down while the words work their way from the top left down to the bottom right. Reading the title and seeing the changes made to the sky hopefully makes people think about the book and what it's about.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a really cool image that works well with the title to give some foreshadowing of what the book may be about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you broke the image up and it goes really well with the word "unhinged." The color scheme really brings a feeling of balance and unity to the image.Being able to see the mountains and clouds is a very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought yours was just pretty cool. The colors are nice and the layout is clean and I think it really was done pretty well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete