Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Assignment #2


I chose to make this really simple so it could be open for interpretation because I think it's more fun that way. The simple phrase "I've got the world on a string" is one that's meant to give people control over their lives. That is why I made the background a simple black, so the viewer could take control over what they want their world to be and not be distracted by what I put there. I also used the simple font for most of it to keep it simple as well and not distract from the message. I did the most cursive font for string honestly just to make it look more string-like and I didn't know any other way to do it. I chose that picture of the world above any others because it is in such great detail and kind of shows how much the world has to offer with all the clouds, bodies of water, and different colorings of Earth.

commented on: Courtney Johansson, Clarissa Oliphant, Esteban De Hoyos, Steven Dawson, James Birdsall

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you used a picture of the earth instead of using words. It broke things up nicely. Good job! Also the way that the font for "string" looks stringy is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, like the earth being used as the word and as the focus of the image. It is a simple image but a good message to remember, for the world is at our fingertips.

    ReplyDelete