Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Assignment #2 - HEIGHTS - Tyler Evenson


My friend and I took this picture of ourselves on an arch that stood over a bridge in the city of Chamba, India two summers ago. Up until this point, I had an extreme fear of heights. Hiking mountains by my house in Draper would get me a sick feeling in my stomach. We all decided to overcome something during our time in India. This hike to the top of the city, and to the top of the bridge (which was also wet), helped me overcome this fear of heights and, in a sense, reach new heights. I used a font that seemed to be floating in the clouds, yet firm and immovable. I put less contrast in the picture so that the focus would be on the words.

I commented on Jordan Wheeler's, Collin Gingrich's, Sam Williams, Nathan Scovill's, and Aaron Hastings.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I like your picture. I really like the font. I like that you put it in the clouds. I do like how there is less contrast so your attention is drawn to the words. Well done Tevo. Go Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is sweet and I think you got your point across. The words do stand out, even amongst this bold picture of you standing on top of the world. It's a pretty great call to action. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool meaning behind what you did. I absolutely love the font. It's clean and grabs your attention. Good placement as well. You should frame this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favs. I like that the text is low enough to be by the heads but not covering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture. Clever phrase that works well

    ReplyDelete