Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Assignment #2-Home-Lindsey Peterson


I took this picture a few years ago at my grandparent's cattle ranch in Southern Utah. I like the warmth of the picture and how simple it is. I made the colors a little more dramatic using Photoshop. With the typography I added I didn't want to make it too complicated. I wanted to keep the typography simple to go along with the simple construction of the image. I chose this font because I thought it conveyed kind of a simple/old fashioned feel. The words are in grey because I thought the black was too bold. This is the view when you drive down the lane into my grandparents property so my goal for this project was to convey the feeling I always feel when I visit of always knowing you can 'find your way back home'.

I commented on Brooke Adams, Collin Gingrich, Jordan Miki Wheeler, Samantha Williams and Eric Morgan.

5 comments:

  1. WOW looking at this made me a little homesick. So moving! I said this on another person's but it's almost as if the sun is shining on the typography--very cool effect. The picture and the typography complement each other well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture. It is so peaceful and beautiful.It love the font that you chose. It is very fitting for the quote and the picture. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is one of those you never want to stop looking at. Great placement and angle. The depth of field is great with the grass going on forever. The sun rays really add a lot and give it the feel of a warm, perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture because it reminds me of my home and it is just beautiful the way to type goes with the picture and helps it flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great photographer Lindsey! You picked a great spot for you text and I love the font. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete