Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Assignment #2- Hannah Childs - Able


I want this picture to illustrate that just because someone is different doesn’t mean they are dumb, or incapable of doing great things. This is a picture of my childhood best friend, Casey. As you can tell from the picture, he only has one arm, his left arm. He was only born with one arm and because of this many people treated him like he is disabled. Casey has never let what other people have thought of him bring him down. He is one of the most capable person I have ever met; he is far from disabled. I took a picture of him hiking (his favorite activity) to show how he is just as capable as the rest of us. I lightened the picture a little to have the light shine brighter and to highlight is missing arm. I put the word disabled in Verdana font and bolded the able. I didn’t want a weak font, but I also did not want a big thick font. This font allowed me to make the dis and d weak, but make the able part send a strong powerful message. By having the dis and d falling from the word able, it makes the word able seem very powerful.

The call to action that I wanted to send with this picture is that we all need to drop our views of people so we can see them as they truly are.

I commented: Spencer Evans, Miranda Facer, Ashlyn Allred, Blakely Gull, and Jenna Randle.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I like that you emphasized the word ABLE. Because though we label people as disabled they are still able to do many things and bless our lives in countless ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! I love how you had the word "able" stick out. It's so creative! I love that he is smiling and the scenery in the background. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this was a particularly impactful image because it catches your attention and because it makes you think about the image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you ended up portraying this, Hannah. Way to highlight the positive and create such an inspiring message!

    ReplyDelete