Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Assignment #2: CC Keller "Seagulls"

I took this picture of my husband at Daybreak Lake last fall. I though the caption was perfect for this picture because he looks like he is reaching out to feed the birds and they are all circling above him. Seagulls are known to flock to wherever they see or find food. I manipulated the colors to make it more dramatic and more contrasting. The picture has great triangulation from the shoreline and the line of the dock leading directly to him standing there. It really helps the eye know where to look and makes it a focal point of the picture. He is also where an intersection would be using the rule of thirds so it creates a more pleasing effect and opens up the picture to the left of him directly where the sun is coming from. I love the texture of the waves on the water contrasted with the smooth sky and the rigid, straight lines on the dock.

8 comments:

  1. I love the sun coming through the corner and seeing the large beams of light that look like they're guiding the seagulls. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of this image. The font was well-picked and it seems as if though the letter were natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture! The font is so simple and crisp. I love that you used white. It's almost as if the sun is shining down on the graphic--great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of your font looks great! It helps keep the picture soft and clean! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this orchestrates the rule of thirds and I like the placement of the words below the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing picture! Great font.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented on: Dakota Williams, Nicole Hale, Mallory Jesperson, Maren Owens, and Lindsey Peterson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool picture. Also, I like how the text stands out.

    ReplyDelete