Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Project #1 | Stefan van de Graaff | "True Happiness"

Look at that smile. Any time I see my wife's pearly whites it just brightens my life. She has this beautiful innocence about her. Originally, I snapped a ton of pictures of my wife laughing uncontrollably while I pinned her with my knees and tickled her. Needless to say, she was adorable, but it was a controlled environment and lacked the naturalness that this image contains. This image is real. It's almost as if the camera isn't even there. Her giggle, her shining face, the squinted eyes, and that diamond that secretly dances from her nose past the sides of her mouth, down to her chin, they combine to show true happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I love how candid this is! Also the plain background really makes her stand out. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a really great shot. The fact that it isn't perfect is what makes it so perfect. It almost looks as if it goes slightly blurry from one side and clears to the other, emphasizing the contagious smile that lights up her face. However, my personal favorite, The camera was able to catch the smile in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a natural, spontaneous picture. I grew up with Erin, and this photograph captures her sweet, fun and playful nature really well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete