Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1 Samantha Williams: The Baby Fan


This shot fell into my camera at a BYU Football game last fall. I don't know who this adorable baby is, nor the person (I hope a father figure of sorts) that is throwing the child. However, this random moment I caught has resonated with me and I can't seem to glance at it without smiling. If you look closely there isn't a single fan around her cheering. The faces, although mostly blurred, are serious and somehwat somber. Also, you cannot see the face of the man (or woman I presume) throwing her. But, you can almost hear the giggle pouring out of this little girl. In a sea of blue and tan, this pink covered tot exudes joy over the bustle of this shot. It reminds me that sports games, yes BYU Football included, are just that, games. And this little girl seems to encompass what's really important and that is finding and keeping love, trust and happiness in our lives.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this photo. I wish you knew the people so you could give it to them. It's just such a great shot. The baby is so happy and it's a little Simba-ish. Super great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! You captured such a beautiful and happy every day moment. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is so cute. I can feel the emotion of joy form the little girl. The blurred faces brings the attention to the little girl.The picture really worked out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love this! This is such an awesome moment to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture needs to be in some sort of ad for what byu is all about. It shows the joy of family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH this picture is so adorable!! You need to find the people it belongs to--they would love it! I really like how the people in front of the baby are in focus and the people behind the baby are out of focus. The focal point of the picture is very obvious. I also like how the baby is dressed in different colors than the rest of the crowd. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is great. There is so much ciaos going on, but you are automatically drawn to the baby and the rest just seems to drift away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby is having so much fun. It's impossible not to like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I remember my dad doing this to me when I was little, as a lot of people probably do. So bonus points for making it super relatable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant!! You could make money on this. But really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a little girl and this just makes me smile. I love how you can see all the BYU hats and then the happiness of the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this because it shows that we should all remember the simple joys in life and not take everything so seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this because the child is so happy and because I too hope that this shows the love a father has for his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my favorite out of all of them! And that baby!!!! Ah!

    ReplyDelete