Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1 - Courtney Johansson - The Depths of Anxiety


The emotion I wanted to capture is anxiety. It can be triggered by many factors, and can make those affected feel trapped. Anxiety is a very common issue and many of people struggle with it. The thought bubbles are meant to represent the daily stresses that can cause anxiety, and the yellow rope is symbolic of the grasps that anxiety can have. The face that the subject is making shows contemplation and nervousness and helps capture the overall feeling of anxiety. I think this photo can help those who don't struggle with anxiety to know what it can feel like to those who do. 

2 comments:

  1. First of all that guy has amazing handwriting. I love the concept and all the different props utilized to make the point. The actor is just a regular guy who seems so calm. But the yellow rope and the words around show what is going on inside his head, to let us know "it doesn't matter if a person looks calm, they could be going through some crazy times."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this picture because it visually portrays how I feel all the time. I feel like I am tied up in all of these things I have to do and all of my responsibilities, so it really hit home.

    ReplyDelete