Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment 1 Aaron Hastings "Bridging the Generation Gap"

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to say hello to my first nephew, Caleb, who is just under a month old. This is a picture of Caleb with his Grandpa, who is meeting him for the first time. I love the eye contact and physical contact between the two, touching fingers almost like the "Creation of Adam," picture by Michelangelo. The innocence of Caleb looking into the experienced, mature face of his Grandpa really impacts me. They span two generations and years of hard work and nurturing, and represent the continual progress of us both as individuals and as families.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, definitely made me think. Cute nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the juxtaposition between your nephew and his grandpa. What a special moment to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look on your nephew's face is great. I like that you were able to capture the desire of one generation to teach another.

    ReplyDelete