Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1- Erin O'Sullivan

This was a picture I took on my way back from a weekend of snowboarding last season. I remembered a lot was on my mind, it was a Sunday afternoon, and I was alone. I remember feeling a little bit of sorrow with the sunset. In fact, although I absolutely love sunsets, I feel a sense of melancholy each time I watch a sunset. It's funny how we're taught from a very young age that sunsets are supposed to be romantic and somewhat exciting- yet I have never truly felt this way. To me, a Sunday sunset in particular is exceptionally sorrowful. The end of a weekend, the end of a beautiful day- simply the end. Also, it appears that the reflection in the snowboarding goggles shows a remembrance of the fun times that will now forever be nothing be memories.

p.s. I was listening to sad country music when I wrote this so we can blame the slightly depressing thoughts on that ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think that's totally cool. It's rad to see how something as simple and routine as a sunset can hold so many emotions basically. It happens everyday but it can be pretty meaningful depending on experiences of the day and the company that one is with.
    Cool insight yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snowboarding too! I always love sunsets after a good day on the mountain. It is such a simple picture, but very beautiful. I like how many memories this one picture holds for you.

    ReplyDelete