Monday, June 15, 2015

Jenna Barratt | Final Project




For this project, I literally incorporated everything I had learned in this class. This is a booklet I made for my sister. She recently just had her fourth baby girl so I made a memory book for her with pictures of her girls and the facts about them. I worked a lot with Photoshop for the photo editing and InDesign for the design. In the photos, I brighten them, cropped them, took things out of the background, and color balanced them. For the design part, I had to incorporate the same design style in four separate documents so the pages would be different sizes. I worked a lot with alignment, composition, proxmitiy, and repetition. The alignment was key to have the message "the love just keeps growing" come across. The repetition was used in the design and facts for each daughter being the same. Proximity was my concern for the type pages that the type is coming off the page to give interesting lines when the booklet is closed. Contrast was the most interesting element in the differing page size to create the feel that the love literally was growing.
I chose a muted pastel color palette because I thought it was pretty and girly, something my sister would really enjoy. I was caught off guard how hard it was to print and I ran into a lot of complications, but I love the final product and I think it was worth it. I am sure my sister will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment