Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Brooke Tait | Color Assignment: Rebuild...




For this project I decided to use a bold scheme of colors. I took this photo on campus of the demolishing of the Widtsoe building. To me there are some very defined colors, especially as there were many different objects coming out of the building during construction.

I played around a lot with the colors and textures. I laid a texture on the sky and changed the color so the color could be more matte. I wanted the destroyed part of the building to pop so I increased the saturation and hue effects. I also make some of the rubble stand out by using purple and magenta shades. I laid another texture on the constructed part of the building to have a more unified look to it. I really liked the cranes so I increased the reds to make them stand out as well. I really wanted this picture to not look realistic, and to make the viewer to really think about if the colors are actually real. It was really fun trying out all the different effects of color on Photoshop, and I feel that the color possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment