Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Robert Hill - Album Cover



My band, Our Future Selves, is recording our first album right now, so I decided to create two versions of the cover art for my final project. I like the monochromatic color scheme, so the first one has lots of open black space and a light burst in the middle. The band name is roughly on the lower third, below the centered band members. I decided to draw the band as caricatures, sort of stick figures, to reflect our personality as a band--serious, but a little bit kooky sometimes. The heads and instruments are much larger than the bodies to make them more cartoonish. For the second I chose a bold, sans-serif font with the same color scheme, and adjusted the kerning and font size until the three letters filled the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment