Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ventura California postcard



This is a picture I took of the Ventura beach/pier right after sunset. The lighting on the beach plus the rocks guide the eye from the bottom left of the page to the beginning of the pier then left to the end of the pier.The waves also guide the eye from mid left to the beginning of the pier. The beginning of the pier lays on  the top right intersection when using the rule of thirds. The colors are cool, soft and relaxing. The type also gives a relaxing feel to the image.

Commented on :
Kensey Berry
Camilla Crawford
Hannah Maines
Charlotte Duerden
Spencer King

5 comments:

  1. I love this image! I like the colors, and it draws me to the beach. I would maybe change the font on the "greetings from".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pro grade post card I could see myself buying! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the water..nice work with this photo and the rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color scheme is beautiful! I also think your typography choice was perfect for this postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture! The coloring of the photo is fantastic and I think the coloring of the font was a good choice because it doens't detract from the photo. One thing I would have liked to see was the "greetings from" is a planer font.

    ReplyDelete