Thursday, March 26, 2015

My (art)Form



The word composition carries many different meanings. In dance, composition means incorporating your body, natural rhythm, music, and area to express yourself. For a visual artist, composition can also mean the incorporation of various elements and ideas to create a message.

For this assignment, I decided to play. As a dancer, composition is critical. I make a lot of videos, but this assignment helped me to implement the principles from class. As you can see, I focused on perspective by having the hallways create lines gathering to a point. Throughout the video, my movements help to establish the foreground. I edited the original video footage through color correction, and tried to create a glow effect for the hallway. Composition also meant to organize the individual video files and music to create my message.

This class teaches us about the nature of art, and how it is the "outward expression of an inward emotion/feeling." This is my art form.

I commented on:

Kathleen Davidson

J. Felix Lara

Theodore King

Lincoln Selk

Alex Clark

3 comments:

  1. I think it's super cool how you used composition in film instead of in print! I loved the video because it shows how creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. The use of perspective gives it a cool look of "infinity". I love the transitions you chose for this video. The reflections that you get from the glass and the polished floor also add to your outward expressions. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choice of music. Kind of combines the modern BBoy style with classic music and creates a pleasing contrast. That they are both different but are still art forms.

    ReplyDelete