Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dillon Olsen Assignment #4


So this was a picture taken last summer by my friend. I was thinking really deeply, and didn't really notice she took the picture until right when she took it. I've always been motivated by the power that an idea has. There is a quote from the movie "V for Vendetta" that says ideas are bulletproof. I love the fact that ideas have, do, and will keep changing the world, whether its with one person or many. As for the design of the photo, ideas come from the head, and so I wanted the word idea to be close to my head as I was having a big idea at that moment. And I wanted to have a feeling of continuation as you follow the word idea, to the head, to the rest of the quote. I was going for a pretty simple and honest feel to the picture. the fact that there is a group of people on the other side of the reflection pool contrasts the idea of me being alone, which adds to the thoughtfulness.

I commented on: Kieth Hubert, Sean Dunshee, Cory Hruska, Spencer King, Charlotte Deurdan

2 comments:

  1. Well hello handsome. The photo is well composed, vectoring in towards your head. My eyes naturally followed the text through your head as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a temple pic. The glossy water makes this photo for sure. The words on the water really pop and you look deep in thought which creates some drama.

    ReplyDelete