Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Assignment #4 - Ryan Wells


I decided that I would make something that would both fulfill the requirements for this assignment and also help to further my pursuit in one of my startup companies. We will be reigniting the company after a previous try and providing lead generation and directory syndication to storage facilities. In addition to the overall layout of this piece, I created the logo and wrote all of the copy. 

The image was given to me by one of the partners who had it from a previous venture he did with storage -- so I'm not sure if it was a stock image but I liked it, so I hope I was ok to use it? As for the color scheme, I tried to make it bold while meanwhile easy to understand and read. This will be sent directly to storage facilities around the state. 

It took a surprising amount of time to make all the copy fit and look good, my brother helped teach me how to add the subtle but effective lines for the footer in photoshop. I used chunking for the copy and a variety of alignment styles to mix. This project was pretty fun. 

I commented on: 
Charlotte Duerden
Cameron Moon
Sarah Ballard
Kensey Berry
Lincoln Selk

3 comments:

  1. You color scheme is great! I also thought the image fit really well with the message you're communicating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of this! Very clean, simple, and easy to read. I think the image fits content-wise, but for me the slant of the storage units clashes a little with the straight lines of the text boxes. But then again making them go straight across would cause the ad to lose some of the dimension.
    Overall though, I think it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks utterly exquisite! I think you did a great job keeping the text boxes clean and very readable. Nice flow in this image.

    ReplyDelete