Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment 4, Michael Taylor



       I took this picture in Madrid one evening during my study abroad. I like how the photo portrays the beauty of Spain. The original photo was a little dark so I decided to brighten it up. This highlighted the beautiful colors in the sky and lighted up the street and cars which helps you to see the entire picture. I  sharpened this which brought out the clarity in the clouds and the buildings. I decided to put the font up at the top so it doesn't get in the way of the content but is still big enough to get its message across. I chose the black font because I like the way it contrasts with the shadows.


Commented on:
Alex Clark
Charlotte Duerden
Robert Hill
Abby Hobbs
Chloe Johnson 

5 comments:

  1. The colors of the sky are amazing! It reminds me of cotton candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sky is amazing! and the lights' reflection on the ground is great. I also like how you used a black font (like a shadow in the night), however, i think you should try different spots for it. Maybe take it down slightly? or put it in two lines with a different font maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lorraine completely, the sky looks really cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful photograph! Have you considered putting the text somewhere else? Like at the bottom of the picture? Where it is placed right now it draws the eye towards the top of the picture away from all the interesting stuff at the bottom. Just a thought, something to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coloration in this image. the contrast is awesome. Espana is hugging a little tight in the corner - it could be shifted down a teensy bit?
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete