Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment 4 - Lauren Buchanan



I have always admired National Geographic's bold yet simplistic styling.  They use fantastic, awe-inspiring images that draw viewers into the subsequent story.  For this assignment, I wanted to try and imitate that design.  This photo was taken at the Lake District in England.  I enhanced the colors a little bit--made them a little more vibrant and went with a font that had clear, straight lines.

I didn't want to include a lot of text because, like National Geographic, I wanted the photo to communicate the peaceful mood of the area.  I used Adobe InDesign and followed the magazine layout template with the three-grid system.

I commented on: Victoria Wilkins, Kensey Berry, Steven Potter, Lindsay Combs, Theodore King

6 comments:

  1. I really like this! I thought National Geographic before I even read your description! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously looks like a magazine! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEE this. It's simple in text so that it doesn't overpower the picture. Looks very National Geographic. I like how you did the main title. Fun but organized

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really awesome layout! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This actually looks legit! I love how the boats all point in, leading the eye to a focus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture that you chose! This could totally be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete