Thursday, March 26, 2015

Abby Hobbs- Assignment #4: Familyfirst



For my design, I tried to create something that would be a poster in any public place or even a magazine ad that reaches out to families, inspiring them to spend more time together.  The idea is kind of to follow some of the church campaigns that have been broadcast recently with hashtags such as "#sharegoodness" and "#sharethegift."  I took this photo outside of the Provo temple right at "golden hour" and I thought it was an amazing shot of this cute family enjoying the last few moments of sunlight together.  I edited the photo by slightly increasing the saturation to warm it up a bit to go for the "golden" feel, then I lightened it and increased the contrast slightly as well to make the silhouettes of the family stand out more.  Without cropping it, the parent's shadows were situated pretty well for "rule of thirds," and I think that naturally falls on the sun right above them as the focus.  I added a little star/sun shape near the words to make the idea of "golden hour" stick even more.  And lastly, I made sure to make the "#familyfirst" hashtag not completely white, but a golden off white so as not to throw off the composition.  I tried to keep the whole thing clean and simple, going for a minimalist theme.

Posts I commented on:
1) J. Felix Lara
2) Lauren Buchanan
3) Kensey Berry
4) Stephen Potter
5) Lindsay Combs

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this picture gives me such a sense of serenity. I love the infinity edge, and the subtle shadows of people sitting there. The sunset is just something else! Great usage of the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is unreal! I love the color in the sky and how it reflects off of the water! I also like your call to action.

    ReplyDelete