Thursday, February 19, 2015

Photo Assignment #2: Play Ball



I'm really excited for major league baseball to begin, and the hashtag #BaseballBegins has been circulating on social media for some time now. I didn't really have the ability to get a unique photo, so I found this stock image and I loved it. The weathered, beaten down skin of the ball shows how hard the game is, and how much work has been done. I found a classic baseball font on dafont.com to give the photo a classic feel, and used a contemporary all caps font to show how baseball is still relevant now.


Comments:
Shauna Holdaway
Alex Trump
Taylor Neuffer
Kensey Berry
Keith Hubert

3 comments:

  1. I really like how the lighting makes you focus on the baseball. You did a good job using the rule of thirds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast on this picture. It's dark, but at the same time there is light playing into both the ball and the grass. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest making it brighter since your trying to convey the joy and magic of baseball starting. The typography is creative and matches the baseball stitching.

    ReplyDelete