Thursday, February 19, 2015

Gabe McFadden -- Harry Potter





This is my favorite quote from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and probably my favorite quote ever. It's from a series of posters I'm making for my mom's library to promote reading!

I like this quote because like Snape, I feel like all my love is unrequited always. Plus, its just so succinct--"Always."

For those of you who aren't dumb nerds like me: The quote happens when Snape casts his Patronus and it's still a Doe, the same as Lily Potter, the love of his life and his reason for not being loyal to Voldemort. After everything that has happened, he still loves her.

To make it I found a font I liked online (called Bebas) and a vector image of the Doe, Snape's patronus. I put them together in photoshop and now you guys are all looking at it.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. I like the simplicity of the image. The font is clean and nicely spaced. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the design. The lettering works well with the colors as well as the overall feel. The font type and the size are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my favorite of all the 2nd projects, mostly because I love harry potter, but the design is really cool and clean. Well done.

    ReplyDelete