Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Assignment #4/Dave Rowe/Portlandia


I took this picture a few weeks ago up by squaw peak when I found a random chicken roaming in the bushes. So I thought it was a great "emotional" pic and pondered how I could implement it into an advertisement. Thanks to Portlandia, I was given some great copy. I cropped the picture so the chicken's eye fell on the rule of thirds line, and then made my text follow a path from the eye, to the headline, to the body copy, to the logo and back following that convenient brown leaf in the foreground. I also chose the analogous color scheme of brown, red and yellow, all taken from the image.

I commented lovingly on:
Tanner Wadsworth
Austin DeLaMare
James Birdsall
Samantha Williams
Hannah Childs

4 comments:

  1. This looks really well put-together. You chose a great typeface and color for the "She's Local" title because it gives old-fashioned/natural vibe but also fits in with the overall clean/modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome I appreciate the humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was funny, i'd totally eat at Portlandia... wait, that is a restaurant right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! It's super natural (without being supernatural) which adds to the humor. It looks like it could be a professional ad.

    ReplyDelete