Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Project #2 | Stefan van de Graaff - "Go to the Mountains"


The Church has a proprietary font that they use for the name of the church and things like the sign outside temples. Probably the closest font is called Trajan Pro 3. I used a brownish color to bring your eye down the page, and the particular font to connect the copy with the font on the sign. "Go to the mountains," is a quote from President Worthen's inauguration. I find that this picture, depicting two types of mountains, accurately portrays President Worthen's meaning in his quote. Lastly, I chose to align the copy to the right side of the page as that's where Squaw Peak and Moroni point.

I commented on Miranda Facer, Jordan Miki Wheeler, Clarissa Oliphant, James Birdsall, and Taylor Ricks photos.

5 comments:

  1. Assuming this is you, I like how you guys are pointed up towards the temple, and the temple is pointed up towards the mountains. Very good symbolism used in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of the type you chose, it ties everything all together and forces us to in fact go to the mountain. That's where our eye is drawn towards, all the lines point upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how everything in the picture directs attention upwards. The text also fits nicely with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the eye is drawn up. I agree with your comment during class that it might be good to take the color for the font from the bushes. Nice photo and message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how all the colors- words, mountains, temple- all seem to go together. Good job on finding the same font as the words on the temple plaque too.

    ReplyDelete