Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Assignment 2- Blakely Gull


I am no photographer or graphic designer so this was my attempt at trying it all out. I took this photo last week when I went down to Lake Powell. After going through a few fonts I decided on "Gujarati Sangam MN Regular." At first I spread the text along the picture but thought it distracted the photo. Aligning the text to the left allows for the sunset to still capture the viewer's focus. I also thought that breaking up the quote and emphasizing the 'even' really added effect. All in all, I think it turned out pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. This picture is very beautiful. The rocks on each side make a great path towards the sunset. The quote goes perfect with the picture. Also, I like the simple font, it doesn't take away from the picture. I look at the picture and wish I have seen a sunset like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAKE POWELL. I agree with your quote. I am no expert, but I think the text could be a little smaller. The picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is great. I like the quote with it too. I think I would just shrink the words and line them up across the top. But the image is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete