Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1 Bryan Pearson Comfort

I chose to take a picture of this pie because to me it represents american comfort. To many americans a homemade strawberry pie is a symbol of home and mothers cooking. This I why I chose to use a pie to demonstrate the concept of comfort. Most Americans are familiar with the idea of a woman in the kitchen baking a fresh pie, pulling it from the oven and setting it on a window sill to cool. This are strong images that have been written in our cultural DNA thanks to cartoons, and shows like Leave it to Beaver. This image of comfort proceeds beyond all borders because whether or not an individual likes pie or not they most likely will be familiar with the concept of a pie freshly baked. Comfort is an interesting concept that is routinely depicted with a blanket and a teddy bear or something similar.

12 comments:

  1. I like the lighting in this picture. The way the light hits the strawberries is perfect. Also, the crust in the back is a good color to add to the picture and keeps the message in focus. This picture makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those strawberries do look delicious. The red color is perfect, and the way the light reflects off of them. The way the lighting is, it looks like the sun is setting which is a perfect time for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super anti-strawberries.. but hey these look pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat this so bad right now. But I don't think that would be as true if it wasn't such a well composed picture. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captured its deliciousness so perfectly. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the lighting makes the strawberries so vibrant, also I love how you can see the texture of the strawberries because of the lighting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, YUM! I love the angle at which you took this picture. It's very intriguing. Love the symbolism behind it too--I think everyone can connect with this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture makes me immediately hungry. Great close-up angle, lighting, and color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture looks so professional and I just really love food. The strawberries look perfect and almost alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors make me feel that the strawberries ARE in a warm pie, even at first glance. I honestly don't love pie, but I still got that feeling of comfort. Love this picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighting is done so well, it really brings out the colors and makes my taste buds start to water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the texture in this photo! It makes me crave pie.

    ReplyDelete