Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment #1 - Tyler Evenson - Chamba Living




I was able to snap this picture last summer while I was in India. I had a few to choose from, but the rays of light coming down on the mountain I thought best represented the beauty in this small town in the mountains of the Himalayas. The idea is the joy and beauty of service. I got the opportunity to help teach english, work skills, and hygiene to some of the cutest orphans you'd ever meet. On top of that, we were able to do service for many people we'd never met. Being able to help people in a country so beautiful (despite the awful smell) was a blessing beyond words. Also I truly think it's impossible to take a bad picture in India. Also Indian food is good every now and then, but not every day three times a day.

6 comments:

  1. This picture is very beautiful. I like the light coming from the cloud sends the message of hope across the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most appealing element to this photo is the angle of the camera as it peers down over the town. It gives a nostalgic feel that and also makes one feel a part of something greater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this picture Tyler! I like your use of lighting. I'm sure you look at this picture and just remember all the wonderful memories you made. A picture's worth a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are the jet skis here? I heard they are popular here too.. but I do like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the feedback, i couldn't have done it without you guys!!

    ReplyDelete