Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment 1- Skyler Street Be Grateful



This is Weston. He is our 7 year old West Highland Terrier. He was diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago and since then has developed cataracts in both of his eyes. The condition has worsened and now he is completely blind. This photo is a reminder to me of how precious life is and how quickly life can change. Weston was very energetic before as he loved to run and wrestle with you, but since his diagnosis he has become very calm and quiet.  He spends a lot of his time staring outside, almost in a sense that he can feel what is out there but he cannot see it anymore. This picture makes my heart ache inside but is a reminder to be grateful for what we have.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Weston but what a great way to look at life. It can change so fast and being grateful for having him while you do is what's most important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See how the light is warm on the left and cool on the right? I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got this shot from this angle. I think too many would take the straight on approach, but you captured his nature in the fact that he still looks on ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the photo was great already, but after hearing your story, it made it that much better. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable dog and great photo! I love the angle.

    ReplyDelete