Monday, June 8, 2015

Assignment 4 | Rosie Jarman, Business Card


For my composition assignment I decided to design myself a business card (or, rather, a calling card, since I don't technically have a business). I wanted it to be both feminine and modern while effectively communicating my style and aesthetic in a glance. I decided to do a take on my typography assignment but this time layer my name over a conglomeration of flowers (roses are a sort of signature of mine, for obvious reasons, but I have to be so careful not to let them get too old fashioned). I created the floral image in the background by (digitally) cutting the individual blossoms from vintage floral illustrations and then laying them out precisely how I wanted them, one by one - all mirroring done by hand. I then edited the image to have the grey-toned overlay which would allow for the black text to be visible. I wanted the back of the card to make sense with the front without imitating it, so I used a smaller point version of my front type to spell out my heading then put my contact information in lowercase to help visually categorize the different areas of information. To tie in the floral motifs, I chose one of my favorite blooms to incorporate into the center annnnd that was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment