Saturday, May 30, 2015

Steve Clarke - Color Assignment - Green with Fur



I took this picture a while back, and for a close-up photo, I've always been pleased with how well the texture stood out on the tree branch specifically. When choosing between different color schemes for the picture, I decided to go with the lighter colors of the image, instead of choosing the darker greens and brown. To be honest, I tried playing around with different, unnatural colors, and I just didn't think it looked that great. I thought that the scheme I picked - although natural-looking - better reflected the essence of the forest this way. To help bring out the colors and their contrasts, I increased the vibrancy in the photo, and even played around a bit with the blurred background (trees) before deciding on this. The hardest part was trying to emphasize the texture of the bug, because it's little body of fur is so detailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment