Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rosie Jarman | Color Assignment - Notting Hill


I took this photo of a Notting Hill facade while I was studying abroad in London this past fall. Out of all the colorful combos in the neighborhood, I particularly loved the way the yellow roses matched this home's door and accented the cool surrounding blues, grays, and greens. I used a photo editing app to intensify the shadows in the picture and therefore enhance the colors a bit and also edited out a couple of distracting orange stickers in the transom window. I love how the color scheme in this photo remains charming and warm without losing the historic sophistication of the city. The composition is a bit lacking in this photo as it was a quick snapshot (I always felt a little creepy taking pictures of people's houses - no matter how gorgeous they were) and I definitely wish I had shot from a slightly lower angle and more straight-on, but c'est la vie!

Below you can see where each color was taken from the photo...




No comments:

Post a Comment