Monday, May 11, 2015

Assignment 1 - Leaving the Nest...Learning to Fly


This picture tells the story of a mother's emotions while watching her baby leave the nest to spread her wings. During my youngest daughter's senior picture photo shoot, I took this picture while she walked to the next photo pose. At first, this picture spoke to me of her independent spirit, and her confident stride screamed "I am ready to fly!" I knew her heart was filled with the hopes and dreams of every young performer...believing success was certain. Her trusty "money maker" slung across her back, and her powerful and trained vocal chords ready to sing to the world. Today, the tears are streaming because I have watched her struggle over the past two years. Her dreams are still in clear focus, but life is tough outside the safety of the nest. My mother's heart wants to reach inside this picture, pull her back and keep her safe. I brightened the sky to blue from gray, illustrating her bright dreams, and accentuated the broken road and rust on the metal to show the difficulties life can bring. Through my wet, blurry eyes I still see her soaring!

No comments:

Post a Comment