Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Liesl Hansen | Assignment #1 - A Couch in the Forest



Here sits my husband on a couch in Ikea. I had originally wanted to convey an idea of how often the pictures we see in life are staged. I tried to show a contrast between what is implied in the background and what is actually happening in the foreground. While it is obvious he is not actually in a forest, I sometimes feel that what I see on my social media is people trying to portray a life far more interesting than what it actually is. Or even if their lives ARE interesting, the "perfect" photo requires a lot of unnatural poses and set-ups in order to be an interesting, natural-looking photo. Sort of the irony that lies in it.

I tried my best to stay within the rule of thirds and utilized lines that direct attention from the eye. I saturated the colors more and amped up the contrast so the colors would pop more. I cropped it a little so less attention would focus on the couch and focus more on the subject of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment